Information for TeachersMultiple License Users
- Personalizes the reading experience for each learner using high interest personal words to follow the lead of the learner, maintain attention, increase time spent reading and elevate learning.
- Extensively tracks progress through data collection of initial lesson assessments, new word acquisition, instructional sessions, interactive games and makes them available in simple to read, print and share reports
- Builds word recognition, fluency and phonics awareness using the strengths of visual learners to match sight words and learn associated beginning letter sounds and recognition through instruction and games.
- Emphasizes having FUN with words--building a successful, exciting association with reading words and books.
- Can be collaboratively accessed and used by parents, educators, classroom assistants and learners from any location.
- Allows for easy creation, modification, duplication and tracking of lesson data for multiple students.
- Provides a unique, successful foundation and bridge to early readers and traditional reading programs.
(1 license is required per learner)
"Reading About Me is an effective program for all students. Tapping into student interests motivates them in acquiring critical basic skills, while promoting more complex skills. Reading About Me is part of our pre-service training program's reading methods course. I recommend it as a stand- alone or as an addition to other reading programs."
- Each license purchased includes a 12 month subscription for one learner providing full access for primary instructor and full, partial or limited access for assistants and learner
- 14 fully customizable core lessons
- Printable custom lesson word cards, picture cards, games and books
- Ability to upload and manage photos (jpg) files for all words
- Progress Reports that can be viewed, printed or emailed.
- Interactive online games for learners with instructor controlled levels and access.
- Training videos
- Teacher Dashboard giving easy access to manage and view lessons, photos, games and reports for all learners.
- Supports one instructor working with multiple learners (One license is required per learner.)
Dr. Gregg Gassman, Coordinator
Southern Oregon University Special Education Programs
“RAM centers on the personal and visual aspect of teaching that works so well for children experiencing Autism. Just as social stories and visual cues help my daughter to understand different situations and expectations, RAM has utilized those same principles in teaching my daughter how to read. There is nothing more rewarding than hearing your child, who has struggled with traditional methods, read entire sentences and books!”
Kelly Dempsey, Kindergarten Teacher and Parent
“I have used Reading About Me with some students with special needs in my classroom when more traditional reading approaches were not working and have seen amazing results. RAM has helped struggling students get started down the path of becoming readers.”
Cara Taylor, Teacher, K-1 class